As a Maintenance Worker, you will:
*Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing various electrical and related services such as:
- Drilling holes for electrical receptacles and communications outlets and installing electrical conduits and after sets;
- Pulling electrical wire and installing floor and wall mounted outlets, wall switches, motion sensors, light fixtures, and associated electrical apparatus;
- Removing and capping electrical and communication outlets;
- Replace light tubes and bulbs, ballasts, starters, etc. in lighting fixtures.
*Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing various construction, assembly, and carpentry services such as:
- Installing or replacing carpet title, resilient vinyl floor tile, and ceramic tile;
- Installing or removing movable steel wall panel systems, assembling and disassembling system furniture, assembling newly acquired furniture and equipment such as printer stands, coat closets, supply cabinets, work tables, desks, bookcases, chairs, various custodial equipment, and other items of a similar nature;
- Constructing picture frames, bulletin boards, display cases, racks, trays, and other miscellaneous items;
- Making alterations and repair to office furniture, chairs, desk, tables, system furniture, carts, shelves, bookcases, etc.;
- Installing, removing, or changing locks on doors, furniture, file cabinets, etc.,
- Gluing or reinforcing loose or damage parts on furniture and equipment and constructing pieces and parts to replace worn or defective parts in various furniture and equipment,
- Replacing and/or making minor repairs to doors, door checks, locks, latches, and repairs torn wall fabric and floor moldings.
*Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing miscellaneous plumbing services, such as minor repairs to plumbing fixtures and lines, replacing defective pumps and sight glasses in soap dispensers, and unclogging sinks and commodes.
*Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing miscellaneous painting services such as painting doors and frames, cabinets, walls, various racks, suggestion boxes, hand rails, parking stripes, curbs, etc., preparing surfaces for painting by removing old paint using scrapers, sander, or paint removers; cleaning and removing rough spots on surfaces using wire brush and sandpaper; applying paint, varnish, urethane, etc., utilizing paint rollers, brushes, or sprayers.
*On more complex or difficult projects requiring journeyman expertise, hand tools to Maintenance Mechanics, hold work, and provide other helper type duties commensurate with individual skills or abilities in the trade or craft being performed.
*As directed, perform lower grade laborer and ground maintenance tasks using power driven ground maintenance equipment such as gasoline powered tractors, snow blowers, lawnmowers, weedwackers, hedge trimmers, lawn vacuums, etc., and various hand tools such as shovels, racks, hoes, wheelbarrows, etc. Incumbent is responsible for the safe and proper operation and care of tools and equipment used in the performance of assigned tasks.
*In performing assigned tasks, the incumbent uses a variety of hand and powered tools and equipment. Incumbent assist in maintaining all tools and equipment in good condition and assist in proving for their safekeeping while not in use.
*Other duties as assigned.