GS-15: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is that which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position to include performing work independently under broad guidelines with a high degree of initiative and judgment, and provides guidance to others leading the performance of a wide variety of complex human resources assignments. Specialized experience includes serving in a senior human resources role performing work in employee, labor and management relations, or experience developing, managing and coordinating the employee relations, labor relations, awards, or workers' compensation programs; one or more years of experience as a supervisor/manager over a group of professionals.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to restrictions on financial holdings specifically FDA regulated financial holdings. This position could be subject to these restrictions. During the application and interview process, and prior to accepting this position, we advise applicants to seek additional information from the FDA Ethics Office at (301) 827-5511.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
13. Supervisory position: Yes
Since this is a supervisory position, candidates must also have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. A supervisory probationary period may ge required. Applicants should describe any previous experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position. Must provide 3 - 4 professional references and names of your supervisor for each position with your resume if you do not submit the USAJOBS format. Your supervisor/former supervisor will not be contacted unless you give permission.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Knowledge of and skill in applying laws, rules, regulations and policies to address a variety of labor and employee relations matters, unfair labor practices, arbitration, negotiated grievances, mid-term negotiations, and other Federal labor relations functions.
Knowledge of and skill in applying laws, rules, regulations, and policies, in order to manage the agency's large scale awards, recognition, and performance management appraisal program, etc.
Experience leading and supervising a diverse team as well as manage and prioritize multiple competing projects.
Experience in leading an agency labor and employee relations program in a dynamic and evolving working environment.
xperience collaborating with senior executive and management to build and execute human resources programs to align with organizational goals and objectives.
Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management and labor organizations.
Skill in reviewing and developing for senior leadership oral and written communications regarding complex matters such as labor and employee relations, performance and awards, and workers' compensation.