In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates the candidates' ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information. Experience using computers and automated systems.
GS-09 -- Must have at least 24 months experience utilizing personnel to accomplish audits in accordance with financial laws, regulations and policies. Experience which has provided an in depth knowledge of all aspects of financial management. Experience using an automated system to obligate, de-obligate, transfer or expedite funds. Experience which included responsibility for the supervision and management of personnel.
GS-10 -- Must have at least 30 months experience utilizing personnel to accomplish audits in accordance with financial laws, regulations and policies. Experience which has provided an in depth knowledge of all aspects of financial management. Experience using an automated system to obligate, de-obligate, transfer or expedite funds. Experience which included responsibility for the supervision and management of personnel.
Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or the equivalent may be substituted for 3 months of experience. Education in schools above the high school level may be substituted for experience on the basis of one academic year of study (i.e., 36 weeks of substantially full-time study, or 30 semester hours or the equivalent) for 12 months of experience. For experience required in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high school level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months experience. Each 30 semester hours credited must have included at least six semester hours in courses which are directly related to the type of work of the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of and skills in the interrelationships of the various financial, personnel and computer file systems, methods, techniques, precedent cases and procedures to resolve especially difficult and/or sensitive problems
2. Knowledge and skill to suggest specific changes to the guidelines themselves, development of control mechanisms, additional training for customers and specific guidance related to the procedural handling of documents and information.
3. Knowledge and skills of the procedures and techniques to conduct difficult and responsible analysis and determinations within a complete financial management system to validate transactions and to perform research to resolve inconsistencies.
4. Knowledge of related financial regulations and rulings covering diverse types of transactions to function as a technical authority to resolve an extensive range of issues or problems.
5. Knowledge of personnel regulations and personnel management systems necessary to understand the interface with financial management systems and how they affect pay and entitlements to Soldiers and civilians.
6. Knowledge of the rules, regulations, pay, and entitlements of excepted service technicians in a military status.
ONBOARD CIVILIAN ONLY
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A PERMENANT CIVILIAN TECHNICIAN FROM THE NEW YORK AIR OR ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
· DMNA FORM 108 (http://www.dmna.state.ny.us./forms/dmna108.doc) Click this link for a copy of the form
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.