Job Title:PHYSICIAN (FAMILY PRACTICE)
Department:Department of the Navy
Agency:Naval Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NE2060215-779164MM480042-DH
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, November 05, 2012 to
Wednesday, January 16, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Temporary NTE 1 Year|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Cherry Point, NC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates |
The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality patient- and family-centered medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian healthcare professionals work side-by-side with military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
A civilian Family Practice Physician position is immediately available at Naval Health Clinic, Cherry Point (NHCCP). The mission of the clinic is to provide clinical comprehensive and continuing medical care and health and wellness services to enrolled patients of the Uniformed Services and other personnel authorized by current directives. For more information on NHCCP Click Here.
*Qualified resumes received by 11/9/2012 will be referred first. All qualified resumes received after that date will be referred as needed.
This employment is not to exceed 1 year, but may be extended one additional year.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Accredited MD or DO, or ECFMG or Fifth Pathway certification.
- Active Physician license awarded by any state.
- 5 or more years family medicine residency/experience
- You must obtain and maintain a security clearance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
DEGREE: MD or DO from an accredited school in the United States or Canada. Is your degree from a foreign medical school? If yes, then you must have a Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or fifth pathway certificate. Please make sure your resume reflects your ECFMG certificate number or fifth pathway certificate including date awarded. Also, please be prepared to provide your official college transcript and/or certificate upon request at a later date.
RESIDENCY TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Subsequent to obtaining your MD or DO, your resume must show 5 years of residency training in Family Practice or equivalent experience and training (e.g., completion of 3 year Family Practice residency and 2 years of experience as Family Practice Physician). Please make sure your resume reflects the location, duration, and specialty of your internship, residency, etc.
LICENSE: Permanent, full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
*Board certification in Family Medicine is desired but not required.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Background investigation.
- Physical Exam.
- Seasonal influenza immunization.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Must possess or be able to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatriac Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certfications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
This announcement is being used to recruit qualified individuals, under the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Direct Hire Authority, authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. The Rule of Three, Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process. For more information on OPM Direct-Hire Authority, please review this link: http://www.opm.gov/DirectHire/factsheet.asp.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package by Thursday, January 31, 2013 that includes:
- Your resume showing job-related education, training, and experience.
- Occupational Questionnaire which will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
To apply online:
- Click the APPLY ONLINE button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to submit or upload your resume, upload your supporting documents, and complete the online Occupational Questionnaire. Please make sure you click the SUBMIT MY ANSWERS button at the end of the process.
- To verify uploaded documents, check your account at https://applicationmanager.gov.
- If you are unable to upload documents, complete this cover page https://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf, make sure you record 779164 on the cover page, then fax the cover page along with your supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144.
- Do not upload and fax the same documents.
To apply by fax:
- Print the Occupational Questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print and complete OPM Form 1203FX http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf to record your response to the Occupational Questionnaire.
- Fax your completed OPM Form 1203FX along with your resume and any other documents you want to provide to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
For more detailed information about the application process, go to http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicationInfo_HowtoApplyviaFax.pdf.
To apply by e-mail:
Resumes only can be accepted directly via e-mail; however, you will be contacted at a later date to complete the Occupational Questionnaire online. Send your resume as an attachment (no pictures or SSN please), insert "NE2060215-779164MM480042-DH" in the subject line, and send your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay informed of changes to your application status:
Your qualifications (i.e., MD/DO degree, residency, fellowship, license, certifications, etc.) must be verified. It is in your best interest to submit photocopies of these documents at the time you apply; however, your resume and Occupational Questionnaire will be accepted without them.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you apply online or by fax, you will receive notifications via e-mail and Application Manager as the recruitment process progresses. If your resume is referred for consideration, the hiring official may choose to conduct an interview and, once selection is made, you will receive notification of the decision.