In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient education to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
To qualify for this position you must meet at least one of the following:
· Successful completion of one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-04) in the Federal service assisting in the maintenance and operation of an auditoriums audio-video, lighting, computer and theatrical systems.
· Successful completion of four years of education above the high school level.
· Successful completion of a combination of post high school education and specialized experience that equates to one year of experience.
Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
· Orientation program
· Mentorship throughout the Program.
· Individual Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities.
· At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program.
· Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
· Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
· Demonstrated successful job performance.
· Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
(i) A technical or vocational school;
(ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university;
(iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or
(iv) A home-school curriculum
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
This position requires bending, stopping and cllimbing.
This position requires frequesnt lifting of heavy items such as tools, equipment, and parts that weigh up to 50 pounds.
This position requires work to be conducted at heights up to 75 feet.
This position requires climbing ladders, walking on catwalks and working in cramped positions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation, to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
2. Technical Competence: Knowledge of how to perform one's job. Refers to specialized knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience.
3. Conscientiousness: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
4. Integrity/Honesty: Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action; is trustworthy.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
6. Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes.
NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application package, or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.