Job Title:Deputy Assistant Commissioner (Treasury Securities Services)
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BPD)
Job Announcement Number:13-BPD-030P
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$119,554.00 to $179,700.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, November 05, 2012 to Wednesday, December 05, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified individuals.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Public Debt and the Financial Management Service consolidated into a single organization named the Bureau of the Fiscal Service on October 7, 2012. The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. This position is currently located in the Office of Financing (OF) and will be impacted by Phase I of the consolidation. In the future state structure of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, this position will become part of the new Treasury Securities Services. This Senior Executive Service position will serve as the Deputy Assistant Commissioner and will be responsible for the operations of the Treasury Securities Services (TSS).
The mission of the TSS is to effectively finance the Government at the lowest possible cost over time and provide policy direction, guidance, and leadership for Treasury's marketable financing and commercial book-entry programs as well as Treasury's marketable and savings securities offered directly to the public.
The incumbent supports the Assistant Commissioner in the role as principal advisor to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary, the Commissioner, and other management officials in connection with debt financing activities and works closely with the Assistant Commissioner on all aspects relating to the issuance and servicing of Treasury marketable and savings securities. The incumbent must also:
- Champion the work of the organization by integrating products and services into the Treasury Securities Services’ overall business strategies, plans, and objectives;
- Develop and coordinate operational, tactical, and strategic plans;
- Align work to integrate programmatic changes and redirects resources to ensure overall program coverage and continuous professional development of staff;
- Provide leadership direction in developing and implementing tactical and strategic plans and business processes to accomplish these objectives and evaluate the results through the development of measurable performance goals and benchmarks; and
- Participate in issues of bureau-wide significance, including planning, policy and management issues and the development, issuance and implementation of new policies, regulations and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must complete an Executive Personnel Financial Disclosure Report annually
- Must undergo appropriate tax checks
- Must complete a 1-year SES probationary period, unless previously completed