In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MIL INFO SYS) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of fundamental military human resources policies, rules, guidelines, instructions, etc. to understand the programs and converse effectively with functional managers, program managers, commanders, customers, etc. to ensure human resources systems meet the needs of the organization and to be able to analyze and resolve problems in order to improve the MPF's ability/capacity to meet customer needs.
2. Knowledge of overall requirements, objectives, practices and peculiarities of the human resources program areas and skill in application of analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems within the human resources area through application of information management technology.
3. Knowledge of the mission and the unit(s) is essential in order to provide required information systems support consistent with mission objectives and to coordinate with managers, supervisors, program managers and other offices on human resources issues that may be resolved through information systems approaches.
4. Ability to plan, organize work, administer, communicate effectively (both orally and in writing), meet deadlines, gather, analyze data/products, and summarize facts in order to determine adequacies and/or deficiencies in information management support provided to the MPF.
5. Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications to assist human resources staff in enhancing human resources support to base customers, resolve operational problems, and sustain support when mainframe computer sources are not available.
6. Knowledge of computer technology/methodology to resolve problems, develops alternative processing methods, and maintains essential support while programs are corrected.
7. Knowledge of computer security risks and protective measures to protect the integrity of automated databases.
8. Ability to determine the best approach and appropriate guidelines to apply to resolve complex problems and issues when guidelines are not directly applicable
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A PERMENANT MILITARY TECHNICIAN FROM THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
· DMNA FORM 108 (http://www.dmna.state.ny.us./forms/dmna108.doc) Click this link for a copy of the form
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.