In order to be qualified for this position, you must possess the following experience to fulfill the basic requirement: IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail being thorough when evaluating Information Technology (IT) and conscientious about attending to detail in the application of IT guidance, policies and procedures; (2) Customer Service Working with clients and customers (e.g. management, information technology personnel , organizations, etc...) assessing technology needs, providing highly technical information or assistance, resolving IT problems, providing alternative IT solutions or services; and demonstrating commitment to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication Expressing highly technical information (for example, IT systems and/or designs) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; delivering technically authoritative and persuasive oral presentations; listening to others, attending to nonverbal cues; and responding appropriately; (4) Problem Solving identifying issues in development or operations of Information Technology or Systems, determining the accuracy and relevance of information; using expert judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; and making recommendations.
AND, you must possess the following experience: One year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors.) This experience must include activities such as: 1) Compiling investment portfolio data to support IT investment reporting requirements for an organization; 2) Determining the baseline health state of an organization's investment portfolio 3) Performing baseline change requests; 4) Coordinating and implementing IT Capital Planning and Investment Control policies, guidelines, and procedures; AND 5) working collaboratively to achieve a successful improvement strategy for IT investment.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement required: No
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following quality categories:
Best Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most requirements of the position.
Well Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and meets most requirements of the position.
Qualified - Meet the minimum qualification requirements, but does not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position.
· Capital Planning and Investment practices and procedures.
· Program Management and Analysis
· Information Technology
· Automated Systems
· Oral Communication
· Written Communication
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link:View Assessment Questions