Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a reveiw of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it. Vacancy Identification Number
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 7787321. Title of Job
Custodial Worker2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
0111. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Custodial Worker21. Geographic Availability
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
RQ0450000 Guaynabo, PR22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
First review all of the items listed below. After reviewing them, select the option that BEST describes the preference which you are eligible for. If you are eligible for more than one selection preference/priority consideration please indicate as appropriate. All supporting documentation must be uploaded /attached with your application in order to receive the requested priority consideration/selection preference. The next lower selection preference/priority consideration will be assigned if failure to provide supporting documentation prior to the closing date.
1. Are you residing within local commuting area? NOTE: If you are a military spouse of an active duty member, and are moving into the area in 30 days under military orders, please respond "Yes" for Military Spouse Preference consideration.
2. Are you willing to relocate yourself to this geographic location on your own expense? If you are willing to drive to and from the area of employment (Fort Buchanan) at your own expense please answer "Yes"
3. Are you claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)? NOTE: A spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty military member of the Armed Forces, including the Coast Guard, and a member of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred prior to the service member's relocation to the new duty station (Puerto Rico). Sponsor's PCS Orders are REQUIRED at the time of application to verify your claim. An eligible spouse must request consideration at the time of application. Eligibility time period begins 30 days before the military's sponsor's reporting date at the new duty location (Puerto Rico) and continues during the entire tour, or until acceptance or declination of a position offer (NAF or APF) at the grade for which preference has been requested. Preference is also terminated on placement into any continuing position (NAF or APF), or one expected to continue for at least 1 year in the new duty location, whether or not preference was applied. This preference is only honored for the new duty location and any other installation within commuting area.
4. Are you claiming Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP)? NOTE: Certain members of the Armed Services, and dependents thereof, who were involuntarily separated from active duty with an honorable or general under honorable conditions discharge, are entitled to preference in hiring for a period of 1 year after separation. The preference must be claimed at time of application. An individual is entitled to this preference in hiring only one time. The preference is terminated upon placement in, or declination of, a NAF position for which application was made. A DD-214 member 4 copy needs to be provided and/or a Military and Civilian identification cards bearing the over stamp Transition Assistance (TA), to verify your claim.
5. Are you a DOD NAF employee separated by a business-based action? NOTE: This priority consideration is authorized for up to one year from separation. This priority is separate and apart from the Reemployment Priority List (RPL) priority placement program. A copy of the Separation DA Form 3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
6. Are you a Current or Former NAF Employee? NOTE: This does not include emergency hire FLEX service, but includes any other service with a DOD NAFI. A copy of your most recent DA3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
7. Are you a current APF Employee? NOTE: You must have been serving in a position without time limits and have served continuously for at least 1 year in an Army APF position. Current APF employees are deemed to have Current/Former NAF employee status. Your most recent SF-50 must be provided to verify your claim.
8. Are you claiming Outside Applicant Veteran Preference (OAV)? NOTE: Veteran's priority consideration does not apply to in-service placement actions. No point system is applied for NAF positions. A copy of your DD Form 214, Member-4 copy, must be provided to verify your claim.
9. Are you an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV)? - This preference applies if you have never had any professional affiliation with the Armed Services or Federal Government as well as a Federal Government Instrumentality (NAF).
Identify by responding to the below questions if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
1. Ability to follow instructions and read signs.
2. Ability to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment.
3. Possess basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools and equipment.
Ability to handle power equipment and operate hand tool
The list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am
called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
4. Use buffers to wax and polish floors.
5. Use ladder to wash windows and walls.
6. Use a variety of vacuum cleaners, such as industrial, canister, upright,
central, wet/dry, to clean floors and/or carpet/rugs.
7. Follows oral instructions from supervisor/foreman to accomplish a specific job.
8. Follow written instructions from supervisor/foreman to accomplish a specific job.
9. Read and follow label instructions on cleaning/sanitation solution containers.
10. Follow manufacture's instruction on maintaining and/or making adjustments to
vacuums and buffers.
11. Climb ladders to clean walls and/or windows safely.
12. Move boxes or other obstacles in order to clean the area.
13. Lifting and moving objects up to no more than 50 pounds.
14. Stoop and bend for long periods of time.
15. Ability to practice safe use of chemicals, equipment and tools used in your work unit
16. Ability to follow instructions and read signs
17. Ability to maintain stock of cleaning supplies
18. Ability to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces
19. Basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment
20. Ability to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment
21. Ability to identify the benefits of having loyal customers
22. Ability to provide quality service customer
23. Skill in establishing rapport with customers
24. Ability to be cordial and upbeat with coworkers
25. Skill in demonstrating courtesy and respect to others in the workplace
26. Ability to control emotions that emerge in difficult situations and respond appropriately