To qualify for this position at the GS-05 level, you must satisfy on of the Basic Requirements described in A or B below:
A. EDUCATION*-Possess a bachelor's degree in any field. You must provide transcripts that clearly show degree(s) awarded, course titles, and credits earned. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
B. EXPERIENCE-Demonstrate that you have experience (not necessarily IT-related) in the following competencies: (1) Attention to detail- At the GS-05 level this competency is generally demonstrated by performing basic business or IT principles and practices with a great level of attention to detail and other specified information;
(2) Customer Service-At the GS-05 level this competency is generally demonstrated by acquiring, clarifying or exchanging information needed to complete assignments;
(3) Oral Communication-At the GS-05 level this competency is generally demonstrated by communicating factual and procedure information clearly;
(4) Problem Solving-At the GS-05 level this competency is generally demonstrated by gathering and analyzing basic facts to draw conclusions.
To qualify for this position at the GS-07 level, you must satisfy one of the Basic Requirements described in A or B below:
A. EDUCATION*-Have successfully completed one full year of graduate education (18 semester hours or the equivalent); or possess a bachelor's degree that meets the provisions of Superior Academic Achievement. You must provide transcripts that clearly show degree(s) awarded, course titles, grades, and credits earned. Both official and unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
B. EXPERIENCE-Possess at least one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or higher in the Federal service) that included applying IT principles, concepts, and practices to assignments; maintaining IT systems security documentation; troubleshooting recurring software/hardware problems; and assisting with installing, configuring, and maintaining computer systems for an organization.
You must demonstrate that you have experience (not necessarily IT-related) in the following competencies:
(1) Attention to Detail-At the GS-7 level, this competency is generally demonstrated by experience that involved adminstering or analyzing the information security/assurance procedures or policies of an IT program;
(2) Customer Service-At the GS-7 level, this competency is generally demonstrated by working with clients to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations;
(3) Oral Communication - At the GS-7 level, this competency is generally demonstrated by experience that involved orally expressing information to individuals or groups effectively, listening to others, and responding appropriately;
(4) Problem Solving - At the GS-07 level, this competency is generally demonstrated by experience that involved recommending corrective action when security deficiencies or violations are suspended or detected.
*Please note: If you are claiming that education qualifies you for this position, you must submit transcripts with your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Applicants who are claiming education as any part of their qualifications for this position must submit transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) as verification of their claims. Failure to provide this documentation may (1) result in your application being marked as incomplete, (2) result in your being rated ineligible, and/or (3) may result in your application not receiving consideration for this position.
If selected, you may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
Time-in-Grade: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
All qualification requirements must be met by midnight (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
You will be rated on the following Competencies:
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government).
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link View Assessment Questions