You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent at least to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience is defined as:
Experience developing complex technical and programmatic assessments, evaluating engineering and integration initiatives, and providing complex technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. In addition, the experience reflected in your resume must indicate a mastery of FISMA, infrastructure project management, testing and quality assurance.
Your resume must clearly document how you meet the specialized experience in order to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this vacancy.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: *This position also requires a current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. You must indicate possession of this certification on your resume, as well as upload a copy of your certification with your application, in order to be considered for this position.*
The following certifications are desirable, but not required:
-Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
-Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA)
-Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP)
-Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
-Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
Additionally, you must be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance if selected for this position.
Education cannot be substituted for experience for this position.
Your resume must clearly document how you meet the specialized experience in order to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this vacancy. All required documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement. If you do not submit a required document (e.g. transcripts, etc.) your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to: - Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment. - Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. - Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, responses to the questionnaire and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the on-line assessment. Your responses to the on-line assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the 'Best Qualified', 'Well Qualified', or 'Qualified' Category. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The Occupational Questions are used to evaluate your relevant educational and work experience. The questions are related to competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
1. Ability to advise other IT specialists and experts throughout the Commission and its Offices on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new security technology theories, concepts, applications, standards, and/or practices.
2. Knowledge of systems security laws, regulations, and policies to include: (a) Reviewing established policies/writing new policies; (b) Evaluating policies of other government organizations; (c) Testing and implementing new policies; (d) Instituting measures to ensure awarness and compliance
3. Ability to conduct internal control reviews of information technology systems and recommend attainable corrective actions for improvement.
4. Knowledge of configuration management and systems assurance disciplines in various information technologies and applications environments in order to develop, operate and maintain the Systems Development Life Cycle methodology, quality assurance programs, configuration management/change control programs, testing, evaluation and integration program.
5. Knowledge of the total infrastructure protection environment and project management skills, as well as expertise with the enterprise IT architecture and new security developments.
6. Ability to write and communicate effectively and to present complex and substantive issues in a clear, convincing and effectively organized manner. To preview questions please click here.