To be minimally qualified for this position, you must meet one of the Basic Qualifications listed below.
IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service Works with clients and Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
One year of specialized experience comparable to the GS-09 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the following: (1) knowledge of information technology strategic planning processes, Federal enterprise architecture, and capital planning investment control; (2) knowledge of and experience applying change management processes like Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL); (3) knowledge of federal information technology policies; and (4) experience establishing close working relationships and effectively communicating orally and in writing, to groups of diverse people.OR
A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. The degree must be in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; OR the degree included a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
NOTE: If you meet the basic requirements for (B), you are REQUIRED to submit a copy of transcripts with your application for the position.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Selections are typically made within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. Applicants must be available to report for duty at the time a selection is made.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating Procedures. Qualified candidates will be placed for selection consideration into three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Your resume will be reviewed and compared against your responses to the online questionnaire. We strongly encourage you to answer every question that accompanies this vacancy, as your responses will better highlight your specific qualifications.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying advanced IT strategic planning in support of Capital Planning and Enterprise Architecture goals.
2. Knowledge of the various federal laws, regulations, and policy related to information technology.
3. Ability to manage information technology changes assess risks.
4. Ability to establish close working relationships and to effectively communicate orally in writing to groups of diverse people.
Please note that your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the applicant questions that is not supported by information in your resume may eliminate you from best-qualified status and subsequent referral to the selecting official.
Displaced/Surplus Employees: Individuals eligible under the USDA Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. CTAP and ICTAP eligibles within the local commuting area will be considered well qualified if the applicant meets the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors, and is rated in the Well Qualified Category as described in the How You Will be Evaluated section. Employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent performance rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. CLICK HERE for additional information on CTAP and ICTAP.