To be minimally qualified for this position you must meet one of the Basic Qualifications as listed below.
A. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
B. Combination of education and experience : at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
NOTE: If you meet the basic requirements for A or B, you are REQUIRED to submit a copy of your college transcript OR a list of college courses with credit hours, dates completed, and grades received to verify education.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
AFTER MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS APPLICANTS MUST ALSO MEET THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION.
At the GS-14 level: Qualifying experience for GS-14 includes one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-13 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes experience conducting the analysis of indirect cost rate proposals together with supporting financial statements and detailed cost data; being a liaison and cooperating with others regarding financial matters ;developing current and long-range proposals for on-site financial matters, compliance and administrative reviews; conducting research and performing reviews and evaluations of new and high-risk grantees which require intensive efforts in problem solving and analysis; preparing working papers, summaries, and reports detailing the results of work performed; reviewing and conducting resolution activities of A-133 audits and preparing reports on the status of audit resolution; and supervising or acting as a lead of a financial office and/or oversight personnel.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
Selections are typically made within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating Procedures. Qualified candidates will be placed for selection consideration into three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Your resume will be reviewed and compared against your responses to the online questionnaire. We strongly encourage you to answer every question that accompanies this vacancy, as your responses will better highlight your specific qualifications.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
· Skill in the area of cost accounting, cost principles, and indirect costs in order to analyze, develop and implement policies as they relate to indirect costs in grants and cooperative agreements.
· Knowledge of accounting and auditing concepts, practices and techniques, together with knowledge of basic trends and current developments in the accounting/auditing profession
· Skill in managerial practices related to team building, internal budget planning, setting goals and developing standards.
Please note that your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the applicant questions that is not supported by information in your resume may eliminate you from best-qualified status and subsequent referral to the selecting official.
Displaced/Surplus Employees: Individuals eligible under the USDA Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. CTAP and ICTAP eligibles within the local commuting area will be considered well qualified if the applicant meets the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors, and is rated in the Well Qualified Category as described in the How You Will be Evaluated section. Employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent performance rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. CLICK HERE for additional information on CTAP and ICTAP.