Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (Business Software)
Agency:Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
Job Announcement Number:FRTIB-13-DE-002-761337
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, October 09, 2012 to
Thursday, October 18, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Term NTE 13 months|
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is widely considered to be one of the best retirement plans in the world and a model for defined contribution plans. We are seeking a champion for its continual improvement.
Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government as ranked by the Partnership for Public Service in its 2011 Very Small Agencies Best Places to Work Rankings, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is an independent Federal Agency with a single mission: To administer the Thrift Savings Plan solely in the interest of its participants and beneficiaries. We help Federal employees and members of the Uniformed Services retire with dignity by providing benefits similar to private sector 401(k) plans. The TSP manages over $300 billion for 4.6 million participants located in every time zone around the world.
The FRTIB is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individuals to serve as an Information Technology Specialist to perform duties associated with the TSP record keeping system, implemented June, 2003.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Male born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet the specialized experience as described below:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level which involved experience applying IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices and understanding of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products and components sufficient to provide advice, guidance, and recommendations to system users.
Possess the IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Education may not be substituted for experience at this grade level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. Applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Supplemental Questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Best Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most requirements of the position.
Well Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and meets most requirements of the position.
Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree.
If you are among the Best Qualified candidates, your application may be referred to the selecting official for consideration and possible interview.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
Automated Recordkeeping systems, Software Development, REquirements Analysis, Project Management, and Oral Communication.
To preview the questionnaire, click on the following link View Assessment Questions.