In addition to meeting the educational requirements, candidates must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade and must be eligible under ICTAP or VEOA:
GS-13: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-12 level.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience includes performing hazard and risk assessments for animal drugs, feed ingredients and GRAS notifications and reviewing and analyzing results of clinical and non-clinical pharmacological and toxicological studies to assess the safety of drugs, with special emphasis on genotoxic activity of chemical substances.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT (Must be met within 30 days of the announcement closing date):
GS-13: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher.
EDUCATION STATEMENT - Individual Occupational Requirement:
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to beginning employment. Most colleges and universities offer unofficial transcripts online - please check your school website to obtain a copy quickly.
If you have Federal status and have never been on an appointment in this occupational series, you must submit your transcripts as indicated above. If you have Federal status and are currently or were previously on an appointment in this occupational series, you do not need to submit transcripts at the time of application. Instead, you should submit an SF-50 showing that you were on an appointment in this occupational series.
Applicants must have successfully completed one of the following (A or B):
A. Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in degree in toxicology; or an appropriate discipline of biological, medical, or veterinary sciences that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, biochemistry, or physiology, and 12 semester hours in toxicology.
B. Combination of education and experience-courses equivalent to a major in toxicology; or an appropriate discipline of the biological, medical, or veterinary sciences that included courses as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid: No
5. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Supervisory position: No
9. Time-in-grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
10. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to strict restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301)827-5511 prior to accepting such a position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge and understanding of the CVM operations to develop and manage the
2. Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data and information regarding animal drugs, food
ingredients, and devices.
3. Ability to locate appropriate sources of data and information.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.