Job Title: Nurse Consultant Job Announcement Number: HHS-OHR-DH-13-759659
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Food and Drug Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 to
Monday, April 01, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Many vacancies in the following location:
Silver Spring, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This position is being filled through the Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
These positions are located with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Silver Spring, MD.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Background investigation is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
In this position, you will provide professional nursing consultation and technical advice to contractors, staff and management on clinical and program issues within the component. Responsible for planning and executing all phases of the work, including determining and scheduling specific tasks and phases. Incumbent must use clinical knowledge and experience in addressing health care coverage and/or payment determinations. Provide contract or project management related to the quality of nursing services and health care delivery. Prepare issue papers, specifications for regulations, issuances, manuals, and correspondence for an assigned health policy area.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A. Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. [Note: You must submit a copy of your transcript.]
B. Registration: Must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Note: An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within six (6) months of appointment. A person appointed pending registration may not be retained beyond six (6) months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained. [Note: You must submit a copy of your active, current registration.]
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, applicants must possess 1 year of professional registered nursing experience equivalent to the GS-12 or higher grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates experience evaluating and reporting patient trends in research processes, patient and population outcomes, protocol compliance by patients and staff; and contributes to efforts which directly improve research processes and results. Incumbent will interpret clinical program requirements, formulate policies, methods, and procedures, monitor, review, evaluate; and assess the integrity and quality of clinical aspects of program operations.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Knowledge of the principles and theories of nurse practices and health care services and their delivery.
Ability to analyze critical clinical issues.
Ability to communicate orally.