Job Title:SUPERVISORY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR (RESIDENT AGENT IN CHARGE)
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Job Announcement Number:DAL-INV-759638-MP-TEM
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$96,690.00 to $125,695.00 / Per Year|
|Saturday, October 06, 2012 to Monday, October 15, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fresno, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is the principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the second largest investigative agency in the Federal government. Created in 2003 through a merger of the investigative and interior enforcement elements of the U.S. Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, ICE now has more than 20,000 employees in more than 400 offices in the United States and 47 foreign countries around the world. ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/.
NOTE: It is important that applicants provide a valid email address and thoroughly read all correspondence.
THIS VACANCY IS FOR LATERAL REASSIGNMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
Who May Apply: Current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employees with competitive status on a career or career-conditional appointment who are current permanent GS-1811-14s.
Organization Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Homeland Security Investigations, SAC San Francisco, Duty Station: RAC Fresno, California.
- The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
- HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling, smuggling of narcotics, weapons and other types of contraband, financial crimes, cybercrime and export enforcement issues. HSI special agents conduct investigations aimed at protecting critical infrastructure industries that are vulnerable to sabotage, attack or exploitation.
- In addition to criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agencys international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI consists of more than 10,000 employees, consisting of 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S 47 countries around the world.
- HSI conducts criminal investigations against terrorist and other criminal organizations who threaten national security. HSI combats worldwide criminal enterprises who seek to exploit Americas legitimate trade, travel and financial systems and enforces Americas customs and immigration laws at and beyond our nations borders.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will be paid.
This position is approved for Secondary Law Enforcement coverage under 5 USC 8331 and 840 (17). Previous experience in a primary (rigorous) law enforcement position or equivalent outside the Federal Government is a prerequisite. Coverage is extended only if this position immediately follows service in a law enforcement positions. FERS applicants for this position must have completed three (3) years of service in a rigorous position (AKA primary) position in order to continue coverage upon selection.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to pass Background Investigation and Drug Screen for Fed employment
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab)
- Complete application package (see How to Apply Tab)
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service