Job Title:Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist (Public Affairs Director)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Food and Nutrition Service
Job Announcement Number:12-FNS-415
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$89,449.00 to $116,282.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, October 02, 2012 to Monday, October 22, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Boston, MA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. citizens who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.|
The mission of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is to increase food security and reduce hunger in partnership with cooperating organizations by providing children and low-income people with access to food, a healthy diet, and nutrition education in a manner that supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence.
FNS provides excellent opportunities for specialized training through its own facilities and outside resources. Career guidance and on- and off-the-job training programs are tailored to an individual employee's needs. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to food program activities that seek to strengthen America, there is a challenging and rewarding career waiting for you with FNS!
This position is located in the Northeast Regional Office, Office of Public Affairs and Outreach.
- FNS offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Current, Federal employees on career or career conditional appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area;
- Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individual with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, Certain Military Spouses), etc.
- USDA employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA); OR
- Individuals eligible for appointment under the Veterans' Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA).