We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
As a condition of employment, male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must certify that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Direct deposit of pay is required.
1) Employees entering into these positions must successfully complete training requirements in the first year of employment. Failure to complete training requirements may result in separation from the FAA.
2) Some ATSSs may be required to travel away from home up to 80% of the time. Some positions involve work that must be performed outdoors during various weather conditions. Most positions involve rotating shifts and weekend and holiday work.
3) Some, all, or none of the applicants may be interviewed.
4) You must be able to perform efficiently the essential functions of the position without hazard to yourself or others. Depending on the position, usable vision (including color vision and near vision), hearing, and speech may be required. You may also be required to lift and/or carry objects of about 20 to 50 pounds, as well as climb ladders and/or work in unusual or uncomfortable body positions or environmental conditions.
5) This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to preemployment or preappointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
6) This position requires a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI), which may be completed after appointment.
7) Applicants must apply on-line to receive consideration for this vacancy announcement. Faxed, mailed, or e-mailed applications cannot be accepted.
8) You will only be referred for the highest grade level for which qualified, unless you indicate in your application that you wish to be considered for other grade levels.
9) Valid state driver's license is required.
10) This position is covered by the FAA's Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
11) These positions may be filled as permanent or temporary. The selection to a 2-year temporary or 5-year time-limited appointment under this external hiring authority does not afford the employee eligibility for non-competitive conversion to a permanent excepted service appointment. Additionally, selection does not provide the employee eligibility to apply for and compete for permanent internal assignments in accordance with EMP-1.14, Permanent Internal Assignments.
12) Cut-off dates may be utilized in the referral process. Cut-off dates are established as the 1st and the 15th of each month. Applications submitted after a cut-off would receive consideration during the next cut-off period.
13) This announcement allows applicants to select up to five geographic preferences. Please input your selection(s) in preference order. While placement will be determined based on the agency's needs, consideration will be given to your preferred location(s).
This is a bargaining unit position.Links to Important Information: Locality Pay
, COLACitizenshipFinancial Disclosure
- Once your application is in 'Submitted' status, you may receive employment consideration for 12 months from the date of the submission of your application or until a new vacancy announcement for the register is established, whichever comes first. To extend the period of eligibility for an additional 12 months, you must access your application, review and/or update responses to the questionnaire and 'Submit' your application. Please note, each time that you re-submit your application to the vacancy announcement, it overwrites your original submission and extends consideration of your application for twelve months from the date of the most recent submission.
- Submitting an updated application allows you the opportunity to provide the most up-to-date information concerning your education, training, and experience. It also assures that selecting officials receive the most current information.
- Your application must be in a 'Submitted' status in order to be referred. Only applications in a 'Submitted' status at the time a referral list is generated will be eligible for referral. Referral lists can be created anytime after the announcement has opened.