Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement:
GS-05: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-04 level.
GS-07: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-05 level.
GS-05: Experience directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled which includes advising employees of the best solution for their submitted IT issues; performing routine maintenance of numerous application programs/procedures/reports which support the daily activities of the organization.
GS-07: Experience directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled which includes advising employees of the best solution for their submitted IT issues; performing routine maintenance of numerous application programs/procedures/reports which support the daily activities of the organization; preparing documentation describing the organizations policies, procedures, and processes.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT (Must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement):
GS-05: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-03 level or higher.
GS-07: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-05 level or higher.
SUBSTITUTION EDUCATION: Substitution of education for general and specialized experience will be made in accordance with the OPM Operating Manual Qualification Standards for General Schedule positions. Employees who are substituting education for experience must provide official transcript upon selection.
For GS-05: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree. One year of study is defined as 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.
For GS-07: One full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. Superior academic achievement is based on:
- Class standing in upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, major subdivision; OR
- GPA of 3.0 or higher out of 4.0 based on 4 years of education, or based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; OR
- GPA of 3.5 or higher based on the average of all the required courses completed in the
major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years
of the curriculum; OR
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society that meets the minimum
requirements of the Association of College Honor Societies (except for freshman honor
To receive this consideration, please submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package, however, official transcripts will be needed prior to beginning employment. Most colleges and universities offer unofficial transcripts online - please check your school website to obtain a copy quickly.
If you have Federal status and have never been on an appointment in this occupational series, you must submit your transcripts as indicated above. If you have Federal status and are currently or were previously on an appointment in this occupational series, you do not need to submit transcripts at the time of application. Instead, you should submit an SF-50 showing that you were on an appointment in this occupational series.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Supervisory position: No
9. Time-in-grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
10. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to strict restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the
Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301) 827-5511 prior to accepting such a position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Ability to conduct studies of work processes
2. Ability to analyze IT information, identify the problem, and assist with the solution
3. Ability to communicate in writing
4. Ability to communicate orally