Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be eligible for this position under the Direct Hire (DHA) hiring plan, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
This position is also being announced under Announcement # <IHS-12-GA-752136-ESEP/MP> for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Gallup, NM United States Few vacancies
Salary range: $84,697.00 - $129,517.00 (Annually)
Other additional compensation which an individual may be eligible for are: Recruitment Incentive (Maximum of 25% of Annual Rate of Basic Pay); Relocation Incentive (Maximum of 25% of Annual Rate of Basic Pay); Initial or Renewal of Retention Incentive (Maximum of 25% of Annual Rate of Basic Pay); Physician Comparability Allowance (PCA); Market Pay; Appointment Above the Minimum (AAM); Creditable Service based on Non-Federal experience for Annual Leave Accrual.
Promotion potential: GS-15
Travel Required: No
Supervisory/Managerial Position: No
Relocation Expenses Paid: Travel and expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of travel and relocation expenses.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes (See item # 2 in the How to Apply Tab)
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? Yes
Is this a bargaining unit position? Yes
Alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays? Yes
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Provides direct psychiatric clinical evaluations, diagnosis, treatment and treatment planning providing psychotherapeutic and other psychological services.
- Provides crisis intervention services to patients in the hospital, emergency room, and outpatient clinics.
- Serves as consultant to other medical staff, medical students, community health medics, nurses, schools, other medical professionals.
- Interviews and examines patients, including complete history orders.
- Maintains appropriate medical records and documentation of interviews, examinations, therapies, interventions, and follow up plans.
- Serves as liaison and networks clinical services with medical and other behavioral health services in the Health Service and other agencies.