To be minimally qualified for this position, you must meet the Selective Placement Factor and one of the Basic Qualifications (A or B) listed below.
Selective Placement Factor:
Knowledge of and skill in applying adult education principles to the design, development and delivery of information technology training courses.
(A ) EXPERIENCE
IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service Works with clients and Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
One year of specialized experience comparable to the GS-07 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the following: (1) applying systems testing and evaluation techniques to the design and implementation of applications; (2) applying adult education principles to the design, development, and delivery of information technology training courses; (3) delivering instructor-led courses to small and large groups on information technology; (4) communicating and instructing, orally and in writing, to groups of diverse people; (5) applying database administration techniques to manage accounts, create users, and generate reports; and (6) keeping abreast of new technologies and their applications.
A masters degree or equivalent graduate degree; or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a masters degree or equivalent graduate degree. The degree must be in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; OR the degree included a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
NOTE: If you meet the basic requirements for (B), you are REQUIRED to submit a copy of transcripts with your application for the position.
Time-in-grade restrictions apply for all candidates considered under Merit Promotion.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Applicants must be available to report for duty at the time a selection is made. Selections are typically made within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Qualified candidates will be placed for selection consideration into three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Your resume will be reviewed and compared against your responses to the online questionnaire. We strongly encourage you to answer every question that accompanies this vacancy, as your responses will better highlight your specific qualifications.
- Knowledge of and skill in using and applying a broad range of information technology tools, techniques and processes
- Knowledge of and skill in applying adult education principles to the design, development and delivery of information technology training courses
- Ability to assess, identify, analyze and evaluate training programs and offerings
- Ability to establish working relationships, and communicate and instruct effectively
Please note that your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the applicant questions that is not supported by information in your resume may eliminate you from best-qualified status and subsequent referral to the selecting official.
Displaced/Surplus Employees: Individuals eligible under the USDA Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. CTAP and ICTAP eligibles within the local commuting area will be considered well qualified if the applicant meets the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors, and is rated in the Well Qualified Category as described in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. Employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent performance rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. CLICK HERE for additional information on CTAP and ICTAP.