Job Title:Accounting Technician
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Offices, Boards and Divisions
Job Announcement Number:PH-JP-12-757682
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, October 09, 2012 to
Thursday, October 18, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC Metro Area, DC United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The Justice Management Division, Finance Staff (FS), formulates and establishes Department-wide policies, procedures, and financial systems to support planning, programming, budgeting, accounting and other financial management activities. The FS administers the financial management system for the Offices, Boards and Divisions (OBDs) and establishes and maintains Department-wide financial management policies and procedures in support of Department accounting and other financial management activities.
This position is located within the JMD, FS, Fiscal Services Group (FISCAL). FISCAL ensures the availability of timely, complete, accurate recording and reporting of the OBDs financial operations. FISCAL audits and certifies invoices for commercial vendor payments, deposits incoming Fedwire, Draft Administrators, check deposits and processes payments through the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) or the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS) for payment by draft, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), International Treasury Services (ITS), Over the Counter Channel Application (OTCnet) System, or Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct deposit.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy.
Filling this position is subject to funding availability.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply section).
- You may be subjected to undergo a urinalysis for a drug test.
- Moving and Relocation Expenses are not authorized.
- You must undergo a pre-employment security investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
As an Accounting Technician with the Finance Staff, you will perform the following:
- Prepare contract documentation to assign commitment and obligation accounting data;
- Maintain various logs, reports, and listings regarding voucher payments, schedules, and records;
- Provide customer service to a large and diverse customer base for a variety of functions;
- Assist with studies of administrative practices to examine complaints and recommendations received; and
- Prepare worksheets and reports to documents noted discrepancies, corrective entries, and other needed adjustments.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the Accounting Technician position you must possess at least one of minimum qualification requirements as described below.
- You possess one year of specialized experience as an accounting technician equivalent to at least the GS-06 grade level in the Federal service using initiative to perform the following recurring assignments: 1) review documents for missing or incompatible information; 2) assemble and prepare forms, accounts, or other paperwork that make up a file; 3) recognize and reconcile discrepancies, and prepare transactions files for close out; and/or 4) use automated systems to access, retrieve, and generate various transaction data and reports.
- You have completed 1 full year of graduate education in accounting; or in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration.
- You have some specialized experience as described in A, but less than one year; and have completed less than one year of education as described in B and have computed the percentage of the requirements met, and the total is at least 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify).
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens: If you meet the qualifications, you will be rated and ranked under Category Rating procedures. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position.
Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories: Best-Qualified; Highly-Qualified; and Qualified.The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points or apply the rule of three, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligible who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 per cent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. All applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Customer Service