Job Title:Program Specialist - SV-301-I
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:HQ-OIT-12-533918
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, October 01, 2012 to
Tuesday, October 16, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Open to all U.S. Citizens. Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 24.22%. This position is located in Arlington, VA.|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Disclosure of your financial information is required.
- You will be required to travel overnight.
- See additional "Conditions of Employment" in "Other Information" section
DUTIES:Back to top
This Program Specialist position is located in the Deployment Branch, End Users Services Division (EUSD) within the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected, you will serve as a project and task lead monitoring activities involving Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure deployments.
- Developing project and acquisition related documents including requirements documents, independent cost estimates, marketing research, project management plans, project schedules, and risk/mitigation analysis.
- Acting as a Contracting Officer's Technical Representative leading meetings, preparing agendas, documenting action items, reviewing invoices, monitoring contract performance, recommending remediation and assisting Contracting Officers. Monitoring and reviewing related IT support initiatives associated with the iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (ITIP) support contract.
- Identifying and evaluating appropriate technology solutions and deployment strategies that ensure IT data and system security at all TSA locations. Ensuring customer needs and requirements are fully met, communicating effectively, and identifying solutions to support stakeholders. Reviewing program implementation, incident management, effectiveness, and results.
- Conducting risk assessments associated with technology-related investments and purchases. Developing strategies to coordinate and monitor delivery of IT infrastructure components through a systems life cycle. Analyzing IT related scopes of work to ensure compliance to asset management, system integration and fiscal management policies.
- Managing, coordinating, and resolving major IT related incidents in production environments and evaluating new technology in test environments.
- Partnering with external divisions to lead and support multiple IT deployments activities. Planning, organizing, allocating resources, and implementing recommendations that may involve substantial resources and require extensive changes in established procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the SV-I Pay Band (equivalent to GS-13), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the SV-H Pay Band or GS-12 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as progressively responsible experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of project and program management principles, policies, regulations, methods, and practices for planning, allocating resources, and implementing recommendations involving substantial resources and require changes in established procedures;
- Applying qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of systems, management processes and program effectiveness;
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT security (e.g., telecommunications and systems integration, fiscal processes, and IT governance processes); and
- Knowledge of financial processes, budget development, and procurement and contracting activities to monitor expenditures and set priorities through cost-benefit assessments.
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please Note: All of the following must be received in our office by 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date of this announcement. This includes both online and mailed application materials. If we do not receive all required information by the closing date, your application may not be considered.
Your application must include:
2. Self Assessment Questionnaire for this position
3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section)
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply. If you are unable to access the automated application system, we may need to reset your password. Please call the TSA HR Access Help Desk at 1-877-872-7990 between the hours of: 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM ET Saturday, or 11:00AM - 4:00PM ET Sunday.
If you are unable to apply online, please call the Help Desk at the number listed above for a printed Employment Packet which will be sent to you for completion and return to this office.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of any of the following documents if you are applying based on current or former Federal Government Status (if you are not a current TSA employee), Veterans' Preference, or education or a combination of education and experience:
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action - Current TSA employees are not required to submit an SF-50 to support eligibility for internal/status consideration.
If you are not a current TSA employee: you must submit your most recent personnel action SF-50 (or equivalent document) to support your eligibility for Status consideration. If you elect Status for the consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating your current or previous permanent Federal employment status, and you are not a current TSA employee, your application may not receive Status consideration.
DD-214 - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
SF-15 and VA Letter - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
Professional Certification - If you wish to include documentation of your professional IT certification for this position, you may submit copies.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.