FOR ALL IT POSITIONS: All applicants must possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four basic competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
In addition to the requirements above, to qualify for the SV-H Pay Band (equivalent to GS-12), you must meet one of the qualification requirements as outlined below.
Experience: If you are an applicant who is qualifying based upon experience, your application must clearly outline one year of specialized experience at the SV-G Pay Band or GS-9 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes:
- supporting integrated technical operations management including enterprise technology business support, e.g., financial, configuration management, systems change management, and asset management; or
- assisting in work that required using qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessing and improving configuration management effectiveness of IT processes and systems.
Education: You must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in studies or course work in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management, or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Combination of Education and Experience: Combinations of successfully completed progressively higher level graduate education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements, and may be computed by first determining the total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the band level; then determining the education as a percentage of the education required for the band level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for the position.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: Education at the graduate level in an accredited college or university in the amounts indicated above meets the requirements for this position. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. One (1) year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above based on education or a combination of education and experience must provide proof of education, such as a list of completed college courses or the date and school of degree (including the number of semester or quarter hours) or transcript(s) from an accredited college or university. The information must be provided as an attachment to the application by the closing date of the announcement. If selected, you must supply a transcript(s) or certification of degree.
In addition to the requirements above, to qualify for the SV-I Pay Band (GS-13): You must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-H Pay Band or GS-12 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience includes:
- integrating technical operations management and engineering services including enterprise technology business support, financial, configuration management, systems change management, asset management and acquisition support; and
- identifying, analyzing, specifying, designing, and managing functional and infrastructure project requirements including translating complex functional requirements into technical requirements.
Note: Possession of a DHS or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Certification (copy required, with certification and career field information) is desirable.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.