At the GS-12 level, Qualified candidates must possess:1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level.Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience includes the following: Experience working with a wide range of corporate or government agency network systems such as desktop, laptop and server computer systems using Microsoft desktop and server operating systems. Experience working on information technology-related assignments that required a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience related to corporate or government agency network systems. In these assignments experience in analyzing a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of system design and/or purchase with consideration given to what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
Meeting months of experience requirement will not by itself be accepted as proof of qualification. Quality, type and scope of experience, training or education must be demonstrated to show that applicant is fully qualified to perform duties at the level announced.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies:
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Selective Factor: In addition to the education and specialized experience required for this position, applicants must possess the following to be considered minimally qualified for the position:
- Extensive experience supporting, managing and troubleshooting the following operating systems in a corporate or government agency network environment: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7.
- Extensive experience assisting users, with intermediate and complex issues, with the following applications in a corporate or government agency network environment: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access.
- Experience supporting, managing and applying information security policies and procedures in a corporate or government agency network environment.
- Skill in writing complex technical documents used to document network infrastructure, device configurations, baseline installations and training for same.
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Ability to communicate in writing detailed technical information in a clear, logical, and concise manner to both technical and non-technical staff to include members of senior management as directed.
- Ability to perform system administration, troubleshoot and determine solutions for multiple Operating System versions of Windows operating systems, both local and remote.
- Ability to prevent information system vulnerability, and provide and restore security of information systems and network services.
- Ability to test, install, and troubleshoot hardware, software and system enhancements for various IT systems.
- Ability to provide customer service in an IT help desk environment.
- Credentials and Training.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
· Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
· Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
· Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
Application of Veterans' Preference
* The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference
points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of
veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within
* Preference eligibles who meet MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and the
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS and who have a compensable
service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in
the highest quality category, except when the position being
filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or
Any exaggeration of an applicants experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating an applicant ineligible, not hiring the applicant, or for termination after he/she begins work. If a determination is made that in responding to the competency-based question an applicant has rated themselves higher than is evident in their resume, experience, and/or education, the applicants score may be manually adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.