GS-13: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, to include experience analyzing and evaluating current management programs which require analysis of issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of management operations and mission oriented programs.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid.
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Time in grade (TIG) must be met by closing date of the announcement.
12. CTP participates in the Student Loan Repayment Program.
13. Supervisory probationary period may be required.
14. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301) 796-8440 prior to accepting such a position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Ability to design and conduct studies and propose solutions to problems.
2. Ability to research, gather and compile data to develop concepts, strategies and business practices in accordance with strategic planning and regulatory guidance.
3. Knowledge of logistics management principles, concepts, policies, and regulations.
4. Skill in oral communication.
5. Skill in written communication.