Job Title:Program Specialist
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Food and Nutrition Service
Job Announcement Number:12-FNS-386
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$52,852.00 to $83,126.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, September 27, 2012 to Thursday, October 18, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Los Angeles, CA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. citizens who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.|
The mission of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is to increase food security and reduce hunger in partnership with cooperating organizations by providing children and low-income people with access to food, a healthy diet, and nutrition education in a manner that supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence.
This position is located in the Western Regional Office; Office of Associate Administrator for Program Service and Support; Los Angeles Field Office. FNS provides excellent opportunities for specialized training through its own facilities and outside resources. Career guidance and on- and off-the-job training programs are tailored to an individual employee's needs. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to food program activities that seek to strengthen America, there is a challenging and rewarding career waiting for you with FNS!
- FNS offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Current Federal employees on career or career conditional appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
- Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individual with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA), Certain Military Spouses), etc.
- USDA employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA); OR
- Individuals eligible for appointment under the Veterans' Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA).