The Business Manager is a supervisory position responsible for establishing and reviewing the regions management objectives and implementing processes to ensure the effective administration of the office operations. Incumbent advises the Regional Director on appropriate resource allocation requirements and projections to ensure that mission objectives are accomplished. Formulates, develops and implements policies and programs with respect to the regions overall budget, human resources, and office administration. Incumbent is also responsible for conducting analysis and advising the Regional Director on risks and issues as they relate to budget, human resources, and the overarching administration of the Atlanta Regional Office.
More specifically, the Business Manager will have responsibility over:
· Facilitating staff efforts to transform operations to provide increased effectiveness and efficiency through the conduct of comprehensive studies and analyses of organizational structure and business processes.
· Assessing operational shortfalls, identifying opportunities for improvement and initiating, among other things, technology exploration, evaluating processes and technologies that may have the potential to improve the effectiveness of the mission of the organization.
· Serving as a top level advisor to the Regional Director and senior regional office managers in the Division of Enforcement, and Office of Compliance Inspections and Examination (OCIE)/National Examination Program (NEP) on program/business process review and analysis issues and best business practices in the industry.
· Preparation and execution of the Regional Offices budget including leading and directing all phases of the budget process.
· Serving as contracting officer on procurement contracts to the extent feasible and/or directly or indirectly supervising the contracting officers technical representative (if the contracting officer is located elsewhere) and provide oversight on the regions acquisition of services, supplies and equipment.
· Working with senior leadership to manage and track the training needs for the regional staff members by developing long term training plans.
· Oversee enforcement case management systems, including case openings, closings, financial recording and reporting of disgorgement and penalties ordered, and monitoring of collection efforts for Regional office cases. Ensuring case closings are processed in accordance with all requirements and in a timely manner. Reviewing processing systems for all FOIA requests. Serving as or directly or indirectly supervising the Privacy Officer. Overseeing records management.
· Overseeing the Regional Office information technology functions. Working with Enforcements and OCIEs respective IT organizations as well as the Office of Information Technology, to ensure efficient and effective use of all information technology support systems throughout the region.
· Serving as the regions liaison to Enforcements and OCIEs mission support offices to ensure that administrative needs are being addressed. Also, where needed providing authoritative analysis, advice and guidance on strategic initiatives and organization planning.
· Serving a central coordination role for correspondence and data calls to support the Regional Director, addressing inquiries from other parts of the SEC and external stakeholders as they relate to the administrative operations of the region. Overseeing workflow and ensuring all staff provide accurate and timely briefing materials to the Regional Director.
· Assisting the Managing Executives and other Senior Managers with the Commissions core operational and administrative functions including strategic planning, acquisition planning and management, human resources, compliance and risk management.
· Supervising others in their work to plan, organize, and carry through to completion the preparation of work processes and products as they relate to the management and administrative functions.
· Overseeing the human resources functions.
· Overseeing all aspects of facilities management, including planning and implementing expansion of office space and overseeing all aspects of physical security. Managing and reviewing the Offices disaster recovery and continuity of operations programs.
· Responsible (in conjunction with the Division of Enforcement and OCIE/NEP senior officials) for some or all of the Offices market intelligence, investor assistance and/or public affairs functions which include responding to customer inquiries and complaints, identifying and coordinating investor outreach opportunities within the regional, and general financial market surveillance of national and regional media in order to identify potential enforcement matters or examinations.