Job Title:Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Chief, Strategic Planning and Performance)
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:U.S. Marshals Service
Job Announcement Number:CK755373BD
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, September 27, 2012 to
Wednesday, October 10, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a U.S. Citizen.
The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Management and Program Analyst responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy while managing and directing the development, planning, analysis and performance management of the short and long term USMS goals based on programs, missions, plans, and capabilities.
This position is located in the Office of the Deputy Director.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply)
- Must pass a drug test and background investigation
- Relocation expenses have NOT been authorized
- Temporary travel may be required
- Must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify for the position, applicants must meet the Specialized Experience as described below:
Specialized Experience GS-15: Must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 level of the Federal Service that included:
- Recommending a variety of methodologies and tools to address agency-wide issues;
- Developing and organizations strategic goals and objectives to build effective programs;
- Leading management studies to ensure efficiency of an organizations operations;
- Developing policies and guidelines surrounding the formulation and execution of fiscal activities;
- Developing strategic planning initiatives for an organization; and
- Supervising and managing a subordinate staff.
Your resume must reflect this experience in order to qualify.
Education cannot be substituted for experience with this position and grade level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Ability to interpret and apply complex regulatory policy and budget regulation
- Knowledge of strategic planning in a large organization
- Ability to serve as a technical advisor for management and organizational planning initiatives
- Ability to manage and evaluate the effectiveness of programs
- Ability to communicate effectively using written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively using oral communication
- Ability to supervise a subordinate staff
All qualifications for this position must be met within thirty days of the closing date of this announcement.