Job Title:ENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL ASSISTANT (OA)
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Job Announcement Number:LAG-FDG-754721-BB-028
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$34,075.00 to $60,765.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, September 27, 2012 to Monday, October 08, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fairfax, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws and protects federal facilities. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/.
Who May Apply:
- Current Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement.
- Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), Washington Field Office located in Farifax, VA.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS IS A BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug screen for fed employment
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab)
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply Tab)