To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes both of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire, and
2. Your résumé and any other documents specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement.
Use Application Manager for convenience and quickest processing. Track your progress to a Complete Application Package using the My Application Packages checklist and status displays in Application Manager. Your Application Package status must be Complete by 11:59 pm EST on Friday, April 26, 2013 .
Option A: Application Manager
To begin , choose one of these options:
· If your résumé is going to come from the USAJOBS Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the Apply Online button near the bottom of this page. Your résumé will be attached only to the Application Package you complete and Submit immediately after you click the Apply Online button for this job announcement, not to any Application Packages you may already have created.
· If your résumé is going to be one you prepared outside of USAJOBS Résumé Builder, click this link to begin the process: Online Questionnaire
To return to Application Manager at any time, use whichever one of the links you used to begin as described above, or simply go to http://applicationmanager.gov/ .
Note: You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Option B: Paper Qualifications Questionnaire
If you upload your documents using Application Manager, DO NOT FAX the same documents. To verify uploaded documents have been processed, please wait one hour to ensure they have cleared the virus scan. You can verify that your uploaded documents are attached to your application by checking the Details tab of your Application Manager account https://applicationmanager.gov/ for this vacancy announcement. Your documents will display under the Details tab in the Document area.
Faxed documents will take 2-3 business days to process. To fax documents, you MUST use the special cover page. Print the pre-populated cover page on the upload documents screen of Application Manager. Or, you may click this link http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf to print a copy of the cover page. When faxing documents, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Include the 6-character Vacancy Identification Number 753863,
- Provide your Social Security Number and full name in the spaces provided or we will not be able to associate your document(s) with the rest of your application.
- You may submit multiple documents for the same vacancy announcement using one cover page.
- Fax your cover page and documents to 1-478-757-3144.
Faxed documents submitted with missing information will not be processed. The following will prevent your documents from being processed:
- Not using the special cover page mentioned above.
- Missing, incomplete, or invalid Vacancy Identification Number
- Missing or incomplete Social Security Number or name
Note: If you have documents in your Application Manager account from a previous vacancy announcement they can be opened, copied and saved then reused as an upload file for this vacancy. Uploading your documents will speed the processing of your application for this announcement.
If it is not possible for you to use Application Manager, you can write your answers on paper. Follow these steps:
1. You can print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions offline.
2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf , the HRMS office, or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850; after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions.
3. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax.
· By Fax: If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, do not use a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here -- http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.