Job Title:Program Assistant (Farm Bill Assistant)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Natural Resources Conservation Service
Job Announcement Number:24PA-2012-0012
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, September 20, 2012 to
Thursday, December 13, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy -
Bedford, PA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This announcement is open to all United States citizens.|
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This position serves as Program Assistant serving the field team assigned. The incumbent is primarily involved in performing work in support of program analysis functions and processes. The incumbent also provides technical support and program assistance to the field team which includes field and office work and travel to other team offices and various locations throughout all counties for field work.
The Natural Resources Conservation Service provides leadership in a partnership effort to help conserve, maintain, and improve our natural resources and environment. http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with ProTracts which may include, but not limited to, the following duties: enter applicant’s data and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) information, verify applicant information, assist in verifying applicant eligibility, assist in ranking the eligible applications, etc.
- Develop conservation plans for units of land in which the physical, social, and economic features involve clear-cut relationships.
- Assist with surveys, prepare designs, assist with layouts and perform construction checks on planned conservation practices associated with specific land uses.
- Utilize Customer Service Toolkit, RUSLE2 and other agency planning tools to develop and update conservation plans.
- Schedule and present informational programs on soil and water conservation.
- Provide administrative support to assigned field team.
- Contact cooperators to follow up on the status of conservation plan progress and encourage landowners to apply the agreed-upon conservation measures.
- Collect and analyze data in order to calculate FSA determinations.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-5: Successful completion of four years of education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. For more information on submitting transcripts, click: Transcripts.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-5/6/7 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors.
Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
Examples at GS-5:
- Uses computers and is skilled in utilizing Windows-based software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Files material in office manuals to ensure up-to-date information.
Examples at GS-6:
- Provides administrative support to an assigned team or organization.
- Collects, prepares, reviews and inputs data.
- Locates and compiles data or information from files and performs support tasks.
Examples at GS-7:
- Tracks data in order to prepare required reports.
- Assists in verifying applicant eligibility and notifying applicants of information they need to provide in order to document eligibility.
- Prepares contract documents and assembles contract case files.
- Prepares applicable correspondence.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-5/6/7 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following:
Combining Education and Experience for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions
THERE IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR THE GS-6/7 GRADE LEVELS.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- Knowledge of directives, records, forms, mail and file systems, and publications management requirements, policies, methods, and systems.
- Ability to provide administrative support including the use of office automation and technology.
- Knowledge of administrative programs, policies, procedures, and automated systems.
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.