Job Title:SECURITY SPECIALIST
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Job Announcement Number:LAG-SMU-746801-BTR-041
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$89,033.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, September 27, 2012 to Thursday, October 11, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)|
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/
ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
Who May Apply:
- Current Federal employees in the competitive service who are serving on a career or career-conditional appointment and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, within the local commuting area.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement and work within the local commuting area. (Note: unemployed Interchange Agreement eligibles must reside in the local commuting area.)
- Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR), Security Division, Security Management Unit, Administrative Security Section; Duty Location:Washington, DC.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS IS A NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug screen for fed employment
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab)
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply Tab)