Job Title:Medical Officer
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Job Announcement Number:HHS-AHRQ-DE-12-745941
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, September 24, 2012 to
Wednesday, October 24, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Rockville, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Center for Delivery, Organization and Markets (CDOM), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in Rockville, MD.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
Incumbent serves as a clinical expert to internal and external partners on the Quality Indicators (QIs) Initiative housed within the Center. Leads national initiatives which facilitate the use and improvement of the QIs and provides advanced clinical technical consulting in applying QIs to assess and improve healthcare organization performance for all Americans. Provides clinical consultation to several critical QI efforts including the conversion of the QIs from International Classification of Diseases (ICD), 9th Revision to a 10th Revision coding system, the development and refinements of readmission and other efficiency measures, the enhancement/refinement of QIs using Present on Admission (POA) and lab value data elements. Participates in the QI National Quality Forum (NQF) submission and maintenance processes. Serves as the point of contact with medical journals and other media for the publishing of measurement articles and products. Authors or co-authors articles and other reports for publication related to QI program or measure development activities supported by research portfolios. Represents the organization at national, regional, and state level meetings, associations, coalitions, and other professional meetings to inform the clinical and broader healthcare communities as to the uses of the QIs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Basic Qualification Requirements:
Have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).]
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements candidates must also:
Have four years of residency training and/or a fellowship program in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.
A fellowship program involves advanced training (beyond residency training) in a given medical specialty in either a clinical or research setting in a hospital or other institution accredited in the United States for such training.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses wsill not be authorized.
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may not be authorized.
11. Student loan repayment incentive may not be authorized.
12. Annual leave for non-federal service may not be authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
These positions will be filled through Direct Hire Authority (DHA). All applicants who meet basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for further consideration.