Job Title:Fire Training Specialist, GS-301-09
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:MG-2012-01011-KJD-737302MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$51,630.00 to $67,114.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, September 14, 2012 to Thursday, September 27, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Emmitsburg, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status candidates duty stationed at the National Emergency Training Center|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- Current status candidates duty stationed at the National Emergency Training Center
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
- This position opportunity is also being advertised at the GS-12 grade level. Please see vacancy announcement number MG-2012-01011-KJD-737345MP for additional information.
- This position opportunity is also being advertised at the GS-11 grade level. Please see vacancy announcement number MG-2012-01011-KJD-737334MP for additional information.
This position is ideal for a training professional looking for an opportunity to coordinate the delivery of off-campus 2-, 6-, and 10-day courses through State fire service training agencies and its Training Resources and Data Exchange (TRADE) network. This position starts at a salary of $51,630 (GS-9) with promotion potential to the $74,872 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), United States Fire Administration (USFA), National Fire Academy (NFA), Administration & Delivery Branch in Emmitsburg, MD
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 12/31/59 - Selective Service Registration required.
- You may be required to undergo periodic drug testing.