GS-11: At least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service) that included supporting analytical studies by researching and gathering narrative and statistical data on 508 compliance program activities; preparing option papers and similar staff reports for program briefings; responding to routine inquiries regarding program goals, objectives, work processes and operations of a program; and assisting in conducting surveys and other studies of work processes or programs; OR possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; OR have some of the specialized experience described above, but less than one year; and have more than two years but less than three years of education as described above and the total percentage equals at least 100 percent.
GS-12: At least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or higher in the Federal service conducting studies to identify and resolve issues affecting program operations; providing guidance on pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and precedents which affect the 508 programs; assisting in the delivery of 508 compliance training; and recommending changes to internal structures to improve program efficiency.
GS-13: At least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service) planning and conducting comprehensive studies, including surveys and interviews to measure work processes and activities of 508 compliance programs; providing authoritative guidance on 508 compliance; analyzing and recommending improvements to programs carried out; and developing guidelines to address legislative, programmatic, and management issues affecting program operations.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position at the GS-11 grade level, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Time-in-Grade: Career or career-conditional current and former Federal employees who select to apply under merit promotion procedures must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of this position.
2. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
4. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
6. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
7. One-year probationary period may be required.
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
9. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- Program Analysis
- Technical Competence in 508 Regulations and Activities
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions