To qualify for the Regulatory Health Project Manager position, all applicants must meet the Basic Requirement, in addition to the Minimum Qualification for the grade level(s) of which you wish to apply.
Basic Requirement: (all applicants must meet Basic Requirement)
You must have successfully completed a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. ( You must provide a copy of college transcripts)
GS-09: At least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that included applying basic scientific principles to carry out investigative assignments; leading and organizing a team to accomplish a variety of activities; and providing technical guidance to resolve program problems, questions, and unusual situations. or a master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, if related; or a combination of the required experience and education for this grade level.
GS-11: At least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that included applying knowledge of scientific methods and concepts to carry out projects for the research and regulation of tobacco products; planning and coordinating activities among project teams in order to meet established goals for concurrent projects; and, providing written and oral work instructions and guidance in support of regulatory projects; or a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, if related; or a combination of the required experience and education for this grade level.
GS-12: At least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that included applying knowledge of scientific methods and FDA regulations and policies to formulate and manage tobacco product research and review projects; applying project management priniciples in planning and organizing concurrent activities and anticipating subtle and difficult issues; and providing oral and written briefings and recommendations concerning projects.
You must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned in support of the basic requirement of this position and if you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: May be authorized
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following quality categories:
Best Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most requirements of the position.
Well Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and meets most requirements of the position.
Qualified - Meet the minimum qualification requirements, but does not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position.
- Knowledge and Professional understanding of the principles and limitations of scientific theories, concepts, and methodologies
- Ability to maintain harmonious relationships to obtain support and reconcile divergent viewpoints.
- Skill in planning and organizing the work of technical project teams to accomplish a variety of activities and anticipate difficulties.
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link:View Assessment Questions