Applicants must meet the Basic Requirement.
Basic Qualification Requirements:
A. Degree: geography; or related physical or social science such as geology, meteorology, economics, statistics, sociology, anthropology, political science, history, cartography, computer science, urban studies, or planning that included at least 24 semester hours in geography or related fields.
B. Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in geography, or a related field that included at least 24 semester hours in geography or related fields, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements applicants MUST also have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in Federal service.
Specialized Experience at this level, includes successful accomplishment of multiple duties related to EGIS Data Management such as: analyzing and designing server-based GIS and web mapping systems, processing geospatial map data and metadata; developing and implementing continental scale mapping projects and services; as well as working with large geospatial and resource information user communities, And working with enterprise mapping and related tools and services, ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, Server, and ArcSDE; web map tiling services (e.g., TileMill); commercial base map services (e.g., Microsoft Virtual Earth/Bing, Google Maps, Open Street Map); and relational databases (e.g., MS SQL Server), And providing metadata standards, web services, scripting and mark-up languages, style sheets, and XML transforms is required along with working with The National Map, FGDC, and other clearinghouse resources, objectives, policies, and mandates.
Education: Education beyond the Basic Qualification Requirements cannot be used to meet qualifications at the GS-12 level.
Requirements when selecting Specialty Codes
Please refer to the specialty code requirements below when selecting a specialty code for consideration.
001 All United States Citizens who have never been permanent employees of the Federal government Current or former employees of the Federal government who would like to be considered under Delegated Examining procedures.
Special Requirements:You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position. A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicants successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination or not hiring you.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
In addition to being evaluated on the below Factors, applicants will also be rated on the Quality Ranking Factors listed below. Applicants will receive additional points if the Quality Ranking Factors are met. Proof must be uploaded with your application/resume in order to receive credit.
A. Graduate degree or other post graduate certificate or advanced studies focused on geospatial data and applications development, modeling, or similar requiring applied GIS skills. (To receive this Quality Ranking Factor credit, you must upload proof of any post graduate studies under Qualifications at the end of the Assessment Questionnaire.)
B. Completed 20 semester credits (or equivalent) or more in GIS, Geospatial Science, or closely related courses (e.g., remote sensing) at an accredited institution. (To receive Quality Ranking Factor credit, you must upload proof of completion of 20 credits or more under Qualifications at the end of the Assessment Questionnaire.)
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made to ensure you meet the basic requirements. In addition, we will evaluate your responses to the online assessment questionnaire to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. To preview the assessment questionnaire click here TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability in the following competencies needed to successfully perform on the job:
· Skill to lead the design, development, and management of an extensible enterprise GIS and web mapping system relative to agency enterprise requirements.
· Knowledge, understanding, and research of server-based geospatial and cartographic/mapping technologies and standards.
· Skill in providing administrative and hands-on technical support of current EGIS and web mapping technologies, servers, services, tools, and techniques to coordinate, plan, execute, and manage state-of-the-art web mapping systems.
· Ability to coordinate and implement technical documentation, guidance, products, and training for system life cycle, users, peers, and managers.
· Ability to communicate orally.
· Ability to communicate in writing regarding technical aspects of projects and daily work completed and/or in progress.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be verified. If you rated yourself higher than what is supported by your application material, your score may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All U.S. Citizens-If you meet the qualifications requirements, based on your score, your application will be placed in one of three categories; Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for Veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
· Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position.
· Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
· Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job