Depending on your claimed status, the following documentation is required:
1. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please be sure to include all of the following information in your resume:
-Vacancy Identification Number, title, grade and location for which you are applying.
- Full name, mailing address (with zip code) and day/evening telephone numbers (with area code).
- Country of Citizenship.
- If ever employed by the Federal Government, please show the highest Federal civilian grade held, job series, and dates of employment in grade.
- High School name, city, state and zip code, date of diploma or GED.
- Colleges and/or Universities attended, city, state and zip code.
- Major field(s) of study.
- Type and year of degree(s) received. If no degree received, show total credit hours received in semester or quarter hours.
Work Experience for each paid or non-paid position held related to the job for which you are applying (do not provide copies of job descriptions):
- Job title.
- Duties and accomplishments.
- Number of hours per week.
- Employer's name and address.
- Supervisor's name and phone number.
- Starting and ending dates of employment (month and year).
- Indicate if your current supervisor may be contacted.
- Job-related training courses (title and year).
- Job-related skills (e.g., other languages, computer software/hardware, tools, machinery, typing speed, etc.)
- Job-related certificates and licenses.
- Job-related honors, awards, and special accomplishments. (e.g., publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership activities, public speaking, performance awards, etc.) Do not send copies of documents unless specifically requested.
2. College transcript.
Transcripts: You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial photocopy) to document your educational accomplishments. Failure to submit this documentation by the closing date will result in disqualification from further consideration. Officials transcripts will be required if you are selected to fill this position. College transcripts are still required if you currently occupy or previously occupied the series for which you are applying.
Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must have been evaluated by a private U.S. organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials, commonly called a credential evaluation service or education that is recognized by the Secretary of Education from an accredited body.
3. Current and former federal career and career-conditional employees: Submit a copy of your most recent (non-award) SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, or equivalent document that verifies tenure (block 24, code 1 or 2) and Competitive Service status (block 34, code 1).
4. CTAP/ICTAP Eligibility: Documentation supporting Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP/ICTAP) eligibility, if applicable, for displaced federal employees. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a notice of expected separation; a Notice of Personnel Action (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337 h) or 8456. (To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must attain a well-qualified rating of 85 or higher, before the addition of veterans preference.) A copy of your latest performance appraisal is also required to prove CTAP/ICTAP eligibility.
5. To claim veterans preference you must attach the following.VETERANS PREFERENCE WILL NOT BE GRANTED WITHOUT THE REQUIRED PROOF.
To claim 5 point preference - Attach a copy of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty which shows the type of discharge received or other proof of eligibility.
To claim 10-point preference based on non-compensable disability or Purple Heart; compensable disability (less then 30% or 30% or more); OR spouse, widow(er) or mother of a deceased or disabled veteran - Attach a copy of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty which shows the type of discharge received or other proof of eligibility AND an SF-15, Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf, and supporting documentation required by that form (i. e. a Letter from Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your eligibility for preference for Civil Service employment. c. For applicants who are still on active duty: (1) You may be granted 5-point TENTATIVE preference IF your application shows that you have the required military service such as service in a war, campaign, or expedition. (2) If you are claiming 10-point disability preference, you must include appropriate documentation from the military service or Department of Veterans Affairs. If you do not provide the documentation on disability, you may be granted 5-point TENTATIVE preference. If your application shows service as listed in (1) above. Selection under these conditions would be tentative and dependent upon final determination of preference eligibility.
More information on Veterans Preference is available at OPMs web site at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp .