Job Title:Physician - Radiation Oncologist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:FZ-12-739698-MO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, September 04, 2012 to
Thursday, February 07, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Cleveland, OH United StatesView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. Citizens, Non-U.S. Citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit citizens|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 739698 (Please include on all documents)
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art technology as well as medical education and research. Our main campus in Cleveland, OH has a full service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and a comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
- You must be a US citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Occupational physical may be required.
- English language proficiency.
DUTIES:Back to top
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Physician (Radiation Oncologist) position within Radiology Service at the Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wade Park Campus. The Board Certified (or eligible) Radiation Oncologist will join our established, expanding VA Radiation Oncology department bringing the best in cancer care to Veterans in the Northeast Ohio region. This position is located in a hospital based practice. The successful candidate for these positions must be highly skilled and experienced in the area of Radiation Oncology. Candidate will be well trained and versed in Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and will participate in the expansion of these programs. Duties of this position include the following:
- Consulting and evaluating patients referred to Radiation Therapy.
- Planning and managing the patients daily radiation treatment.
- Following up on patients who have completed radiation therapy.
- Participating in Tumor Boards and other interdisciplinary conferences.
- Developing and participating in the expansion of the IMRT and IGRT programs.
- Participating in the Sections chart rounds and ongoing departmental activities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
The following are requirements in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be a citizen of the United States (Non-U.S. Citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit citizens.)
- Must possess a Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veteran Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are: (1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges (2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association (3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
- Must possess and maintain a current, full and unrestricted license to practice in a state, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Strong mentoring skills preferred.
- Must have demonstrated a high level quality of practice using evidence based medicine principles involving patients who have complex illnesses.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment medical/substance screening.
- Must successfully complete a security background investigation and credential verification/review.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
The following will be preferred considerations.
- Board certificated in Radiation Oncology.
- Experience in Radiation Oncology.
Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We may not make assumptions regarding your experience.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.