You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To qualify at the CU-13 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-12 level in federal service. Qualifying specialized experience is experience reviewing, underwriting, examining, or auditing loans related to commercial lending, such as loans made for the purpose of construction and development, floor-plan/inventory, commercial real estate, accounts receivable, or commercial operating lines/letters of credit.
To qualify at the CU-14 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-13 level in federal service. Qualifying specialized experience is experience reviewing, underwriting, examining, or auditing loans related to commercial lending such as loans made for the purpose of construction and development, floor-plan/inventory, commercial real estate, accounts receivable, or commercial operating lines/letters of credit; AND experience in completing commercial lending analyses and assisting in the examination and supervision of complex financial institutions to provide regulatory oversight, identify and mitigate risk, and minimize losses.
You cannot qualify for this position based on education.
You must meet the qualifications requirements of this position by the closing date of this vacancy announcement. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the theory, concepts and practices of accounting and auditing sufficient to analyze financial institutions' financial statements and to apply GAAP.
2. Knowledge of examination, supervision and operation of large, complex financial institutions with particular emphasis on agriculture, member business, commercial and/or real estate lending practices, loan practices and consideration and operating cash flow analysis.
3. Knowledge of risk assessment in a financial institution environment, including liquidity, credit, interest rate, compliance, reputation and strategic issues.
4. Knowledge of current data management techniques and systems to use for enhanced credit analytics and risk management within complex lending portfolios.
5. Ability to promptly and accurately analyze financial data and recommend effective corrective procedures.
6. Ability to work independently and exercise resourcefulness, initiative, and seasoned judgment in dealing with complex and controversial issues.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification.