For Pay Band 3b - applicants must have one year of specialized experience comparable to the Pay Band 4a or GS-13 (or equivalent level nonfederal experience), which is directly related to work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is experience conducting social and gender assessments including analyzing relevant policy, institutional and socio-cultural factors that can influence project design and impacts,providing recommendations to integrate social and gender assessment findings into detailed project design, and managing or providing oversight of social and gender dimensions of international development projects. (NOTE: This experience MUST be well documented on your resume or application).
For Pay Band 3a - applicants must have one year of specialized experience comparable to the Pay Band 3b or GS-14 (or equivalent nonfederal experience), which is directly related to the work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is experience managing,coordinating, and conducting social and gender assessments; analyzing relevant policy and socio-cultural factors, providing recommendations to integrate social and gender assessment findings into detailed project design, and experience in the oversight and/or monitoring and evaluation of international development projects. (NOTE: This experience MUST be well documented on your resume or application).
Desirable: Please include in your resume any proficiency in foreign languages. Include reference to level of proficiency for reading, writing and oral communications, especially in French, Portuguese and Arabic.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your responses to the on-line questionnaire. Your answers to the on-line questionnaire will be used to evaluate your competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Skill in applying advanced internationally accepted social and gender analytical concepts, frameworks, and methodologies for the design, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction projects.
- Skill in conducting, coordinating and managing complex social (including gender) quantitative and qualitative research activities including social and gender assessment, due diligence of proposed projects, and evaluation research.
- Knowledge of training and other capacity-building methods and tools for increasing the social and gender competency of development professionals in both the donor and recipient countries.
- Skill in providing guidance and undertaking technical analyses of social (including gender)
issues, and integrating the results of social and gender analyses including social/gender risk management measures into detailed project designs.
- Skill in the assessment and documentation of best practices related to social and gender outcomes of development projects in a variety of sectors including (but not limited to) agriculture, infrastructure, health education and finance.
Your resume must specifically and clearly show how you meet the qualifications required and your possession of the required KSAs/competencies. Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are
determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. Qualified veterans are placed ahead of nonveterans within each category. Qualified veterans with a service connected disability of 10% or more are placed ahead of non-veterans in the best qualified category.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or your responses are not supported by your resume, your score will be adjusted. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized