In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
For the GS-11 position your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal writing and editing materials for publication or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience should demonstrate the following:
· Experience writing and/or editing written materials for publication
· Experience planning and executing studies in order to analyze, validate, and present data for the allocation of resources.
· Experience conducting research to verify accuracy of facts and documentation of sources.
· Experience verifying accuracy and completeness of materials provided by the author.
· Experience providing advice on the steps required to produce a publication and the types of presentation medial available.
For the GS-12 position your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service writing and editing materials for publication or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience should demonstrate the following:
· Experience writing and/or editing written materials for publication.
· Experience rewriting and restructuring complex documents to organize, balance, and complete deficient materials to meet publishing objectives.
· Experience applying electronic production methods throughout the editorial and review.
· Experience evaluating each products purpose and intended audience to determine the appropriate medium for distribution.
· Experience managing the design, production, printing, and distribution of various knowledge products for publishing in both print and electronic media.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions.
Are you using your education to qualify? For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, we strongly recommend that you submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned). See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· KNOWLEDGE OF SCHOLARLY WRITING AND EDITING CONCEPTS, PRINCIPLES, AND TECHNIQUES FOR PUBLICATION
· KNOWLEDGE OF DESIGN, PRODUCTION, PRINTING, AND DISTRIBUTION METHODOLOGIES
· ANALYTICAL ABILITY
· SKILL IN PRESENTING INFORMATION
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.