To qualify for an Information Technology Specialist (APPSW/SYSADMIN), your qualifications must include:
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
· Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
· Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
· Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
· Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the BASIC REQUIREMENTS listed above, to qualify for this position, applicants must also possess at least one year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To be creditable, specialized experience must be at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Examples of creditable specialized experience include:
· Experience with information system/software development standards, policies, procedures, regulations, rules and guidelines.
· Experience with information systems capabilities and system design concepts.
· Experience analyzing and resolving information technology problems.
· Experience in performing various UNIX functions to include SED, AWK, GREP, VI Editor.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the following areas:
· Ability to navigate, edit and execute SAP transaction codes
· Knowledge of EBS Workbench toolset as it pertains to EBS SAP Release Management functions
· Knowledge of using MS access and MS Excel creating macros, queries and pivot tables
· Knowledge of information systems capabilities and system design concepts
· Ability to navigate, edit and execute UNIX files
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses: Not Authorized
Relocation (Government Home Sale) Expenses: Not Authorized
Work Schedule: Full Time Employment
Tour of Duty: Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)
Overtime Work: Occasionally
Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
Security Requirements: Critical Sensitive (CS) without Access
Drug Testing Designated Position: No
Incumbent Subject to Rotation: No
Financial Filing Statement: Not Required
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Supervisory Position: Not Required
Emergency Essential: No
Reemployed Annuitant: Does not meet the criteria.
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position. Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
Best-Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
Highly-Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, as determined by the job analysis.
Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best-Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your résumé. Your veterans preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job. For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All Veterans: You are required to submit a DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4). Veterans claiming 10 Point Preference in addition to your DD 214, you are required to submit a completed SF-15 and, supporting documents outline on the SF-15. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf