Job Title:Student Volunteer Intern Fall 2012 - Program Policy and Evaluation
Agency:Millennium Challenge Corporation
Job Announcement Number:MCC-713077-Intern
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Without Compensation|
|Friday, July 27, 2012 to
Friday, August 10, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules -
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Whether you are new to the Federal government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our website at Millennium Challenge Corporation to see the dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
The MCC Student Volunteer Internship Program is recruiting for its Fall 2012 session. Internships are provided for students with a desire to work in the international development field and/or public sector and assignments are designed to complement the intern's educational pursuits while meeting the expressed needs of the agency and individual MCC departments.
Please note vacancy extended to 8/10/12.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be enrolled at least halftime in an accredited degree/diploma program
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be able to successfully complete a background investigation
- Modified:Extends closing date to 8/10/2012
DUTIES:Back to top
DEPARTMENT OF PROGRAM POLICY & EVALUATION: Candidates will have an opportunity to assist with a wide-range of duties related to policy and program evaluation of MCC countries.
· Program Policy & Evaluation Intern: Interns will assist with conducting research for ERR calculations and economic analyses of country compact portfolios; preparing country ERR models for posting to MCC website; conducting beneficiary analyses to estimate the distribution of benefits from MCC funded projects; assisting with data documentation of current methods for monitoring and evaluating compact programs; Review M&E business process as it relates to developing the management information system and website reporting (MIS); conduct research and prepare reports on donor involvement in Threshold countries; generating quantitative and qualitative summaries of country policy performance and indicators; preparing country program summaries, performance measurements, and results data for publication and website posting; monitoring and tracking country policy issues and drafting summaries of issue findings; assisting with preparing policy data reports for MCC senior management, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders; creating/maintaining resource libraries; maintaining the 'MCC Effect' database by researching and logging summaries and sources of findings on instances where MCC has been linked with incentives for policy reform in candidate countries; attending internal and external meetings; and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify:
· Must be currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited degree/diploma program (unless higher level program is specified)
· Must be in good academic standing
Note to Program Policy & Evaluation Intern - Must be currently enrolled in good academic standing at least half-time in an accredited degree/diploma program
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the requirements to apply. If you meet the requirements, your application/resume will be referred for consideration.