Job Title:Director, Private Sector Division
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:12-FEMA-279
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$123,758.00 to $155,500.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, July 18, 2012 to Wednesday, August 1, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
U.S. citizens or nationals who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.
Individuals who do not meet the eligibility criteria for this announcement may apply under 12-FEMA-280P, which is open to the public.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply:
- Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status or current Federal employees in excepted service positions covered by an interchange agreement;
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
- Individuals from the local commuting area who are eligible for: the Department of Homeland Security Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP); the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP);
- Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, certain military spouses);
- U.S. citizens, no matter where you live, who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act(VEOA);
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employees currently serving on a Veteran's Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.