APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is an Excepted Permanent position. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment subject to the completion of a one year trial period.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Individuals must meet the qualifications for the technician position.
Max Military Grade: E4-E6
Must possess the AFSC: 15T
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funding is not available for this position.
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating and night shift work.
NOTE: Open to the military rank of E4-E6.
NOTE: Must be medically qualified as a non-rated crew member.
NOTE: Must have a minimum of 100 hours as a UH-60 CE.
NOTE: Must submit DA Form 186.
NOTE: This was previously announced as 13-010T, all qualified applications received for Announcement #13-010T will be forwraded to this new announcement, there is no need to re-apply.
QUALIFICATION: AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-12, D1063000, E4-E6
Must have 36 months experience and/or training
in such functions as troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, servicing,
inspecting, and modifying aircraft, aircraft installed equipment and related
ground support equipment. Experience
and/or training that would demonstrate a thorough knowledge of aircraft systems
and components in electrical, fuel, hydraulic, environmental and mechanical
principles. Must be currently qualified
as a Day/Night/NVG Non-rated crew member in accordance with the appropriate
command directives/ NGB directives.
KEY COMPENTENCIES: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
. Ability to inspect (TI) aircraft, aircraft sub-systems, clear status symbols on forms and records.
2. Knowledge of aircraft systems and components in electrical, fuel, hydraulic, environmental and mechanical principles in sufficient detail to perform the duties and responsibilities as applied to aircraft and supporting systems.
3. Knowledge of aircraft forms and records, maintenance system, Work Order and SOP procedures.
4. Ability to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories and components and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to impart aircraft knowledge, skills and abilities to Junior mechanics in both formal and informal settings.
7. Ability to use ULLS-A and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
8. Knowledge of the army supply system and the ability to use tools available for tracking requisitions.
9. Ability to oversee mission capabilities and project overall maintenance requirements, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Arizona National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for this position will be made without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex, political affiliation, martial status, membership or nonmembership in an employee organization or any other non-merit factor.
EVALUATION PROCESS: Each applicant must FULLY SUBSTANTIATE on their application how they meet the requirements listed in the specialized experience area; otherwise applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. Applications will be evaluated solely on information supplied in the application (OF 612) or resume. Experience will be evaluated based on relevance to the position for which application is being made. Include job titles, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours per week, salary, duties/accomplishments, employer(s) name and address, and supervisor(s) name/phone number and permission to contact.