Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 676182 (Please include on all documents)
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the
battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring
the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Who May Apply: Current Career/Career conditional Federal employees with competitive status, VEOA eligibles, and those eligible for non-competitive hiring authorities.
Serves as a Contract Specialist in New Orleans, LA within the Office of Construction and Facilities Management providing direct support functions for: fiduciary management of CFMs budgets, contract administration for architectural and engineering services, construction consultants and construction services, contracts for personal services, continuity of operations, emergency planning and a wide array of administrative programs.
VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
The incumbent will:
- Manage accounts and contracts for A/E services, consultant contract and construction contracts.
- Review payment invoices for completed phases of multi-year contracts.
- Provide critical oversight of contract administration for mega project with ongoing and complex design and construction contracts.
- Participate in technical review and final coordination for formal solicitation for bids, contractual language for contracts, and clearance procedures.
- Review complex indefinite quantity contracts for proper funding allocations and timely payments.
- Study current procedures and conduct comparative analysis on the success of utility contracts.