Job Title:Social Science Program Specialist (Victim Witness Assistance)
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Job Announcement Number:DAL-INV-680558-DEU-JLS
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$81,823.00 to $106,369.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, June 12, 2012 to Thursday, June 21, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
San Juan Puerto RicoView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is the principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the second largest investigative agency in the Federal government. Created in 2003 through a merger of the investigative and interior enforcement elements of the U.S. Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, ICE now has more than 20,000 employees in more than 400 offices in the
NOTE: It is important that applicants provide a valid email address and thoroughly read all correspondence.
Who May Apply: All U.S. citizens
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, SAC San Juan, Puerto Rico.
· The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
· HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling, smuggling of narcotics, weapons and other types of contraband, financial crimes, cybercrime and export enforcement issues. HSI special agents conduct investigations aimed at protecting critical infrastructure industries that are vulnerable to sabotage, attack or exploitation.
· In addition to criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agencys international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI consists of more than 10,000 employees, consisting of 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S. and 47 countries around the world.
· HSI conducts criminal investigations against terrorist and other criminal organizations who threaten national security. HSI combats worldwide criminal enterprises who seek to exploit Americas legitimate trade, travel and financial systems and enforces Americas customs and immigration laws at and beyond our nations borders.
THIS IS A NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen for fed employment
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations tab)
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply tab)
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service